Re: problems with learning lilypond

From: Carl D. Sorensen
Subject: Re: problems with learning lilypond
Date: Fri, 21 Nov 2008 23:20:23 -0700

On 11/21/08 4:56 PM, "John Sellers" <address@hidden> wrote:

> I have no argument with what you say about the documentation compared with
> many kinds of technical documentation, as long as you stick close to home.
>
> The Lilypond folks work hard and do a lot of nice stuff, including
> documentation.
>
> However, that doesn't change the facts of what I say.
>
> The origin of the problem is that developers don't have to walk the path of
> the newbies from beginning to end and it is very difficult to provide a whole
> documentation structure that is truly responsive to those kind of needs...so
> most technical documentation the world over never does successfully do so.
>
> HOWEVER, MAY I POINT OUT DOING SO IS PROBABLY THE MOST PRODUCTIVE THING YOU
> COULD DO TO LILYPOND TO ASSURE ITS FUTURE GROWTH AND SUCCESS!.
>
> Good wishes, John Sellers

John,

If I didn't make it clear in my earlier post, I'll try to make it clear now.

I DON'T KNOW HOW TO DO WHAT YOU ARE ASKING ME TO DO!

(to the rest of you, I'm sorry about the shouting, but I felt the need to
respond in a way that John seems to understand).

Won't you please help us figure it out?  You seem to have some good ideas.
Why don't you share them in some specific way so that we can get a clue?

Thanks,

Carl