Re: Just chords and lyrics.

From: Jonathan Kulp
Subject: Re: Just chords and lyrics.
Date: Thu, 27 Nov 2008 21:45:29 -0600

Carl D. Sorensen wrote:

I'll try to come up with something.  My first one was \makeItVanish but
that seems too flippant for the docs :)

How about hideVoiceNotation?

I like that.

Don't forget to include slurs.
Good catch. There are none in this example but it would be remiss not to include slurs in the list.

text = \lyricmode {
   Three words, then
   two  words. \melisma
   Three \melismaEnd words, then
   Two words.
}

Why do you use \melisma and \melismaEnd in the lyrics, rather than in the
notes?

Man, I have no idea. That was the first time I'd ever used those commands and I wondered why they had no effect ;-). I saw that you used them in this thread and didn't pay close enough attention to where you put them. Duh...ok I found the message where you used them and now I have 'em in the right place. That helps the spacing a tiny bit in the devnull voice but it still looks pretty bad.

Thanks Carl,

Jon
--
Jonathan Kulp