Re: Re: Re: Centered Textspan for Piano music

From: Neil Puttock
Subject: Re: Re: Re: Centered Textspan for Piano music
Date: Fri, 28 Nov 2008 23:10:57 +0000

2008/11/25 stefankaegi <address@hidden>:
> Thank you very much. This has already helped a lot. Yes, I'm using
> lilypond 2.11.64. There's still a small problem. I marked it red in the
> picture. There's a line too far left in bar 14. Don't quite know what's
> the problem of this.

This is part of the problem I mentioned about TextSpanner alignment
when using the centred dynamics template.  Normally, using
'end-on-note would align the start point with the first note after the
break, but this is ignored when the spanner is attached to skips.
You'll have to add some 'left-broken 'padding to shift the line the
the right.

> And btw: do you have an idea how I could maybe make the bar lines like
> half transparent? The text and the bar lines sometimes collide in the
> piece.

The simplest way is to use \whiteout:

\override TextSpanner #'bound-details #'right #'text = \markup
\whiteout { rit. }

You might find that there's not enough whitespace around the text; in
this case, you're better off combining the text with a white box,
setting the box dimensions manually.

Regards,
Neil