Re: jpedal slowness

From: Bertalan Fodor (LilyPondTool)
Subject: Re: jpedal slowness
Date: Mon, 01 Dec 2008 01:10:24 +0100

I did take a short look at kdelily (or was it lilykde ?) and jedit/lilypondtool. I was impressed at first sight, but in the end I liked my own fast and lightweight approach better.
Lightweight? In what sense?
With jedit/lilypondtool you surely need to install Java, Jedit & Lilypondtool from. But after that you only need one app and you have everything without tedious configuration of point-and-click and whatnot. You only need to configure the path to lilypond binary and shortcuts if you wish to. With LilyPondTool I just press F7, that saves the file, compiles with LilyPond and reloads the PDF, then I switch to the viewer with Alt-TAB (if it is not already visible).

Bert