Re: font switching help

From: james
Subject: Re: font switching help
Date: Thu, 4 Dec 2008 12:36:41 +0100

Am 04.12.2008 um 01:02 schrieb Neil Puttock:

Hi James,

2008/12/3 james <address@hidden>:
I'm not understanding how font switching in a \markup block works. I thought that I could just do \markup \override #'(fontname . #'Courier) {test} and it would work, but it doesn't. Is there some other command that I've missed?

Have a look at this section:
http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.11/Documentation/user/lilypond/ Fonts#Single-entry-fonts

Also, in the interest of being completely explicit, I took the palatino installed by MacTeX, converted it with fontforge to a macintosh acceptable font, and installed it with the default font manager, fontbook. It's available to every other application.