Re: \partial problem?

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: \partial problem?
Date: Thu, 04 Dec 2008 23:27:02 +0100

As has been pointed out in previous answers, one solution is to
make a separate \score block for each movement (this is probably
the most common way to typeset several moments). However, if
the movements go attacca and should be typeset like that, you
can use \partial commands to handle all your problems, see the
following example:

\relative c'{
c4^"Movement 1" d e f | g f e d | c1 \bar "|."
\partial 8 e8^"Movement 2" | g2 e | c2 c4. \bar "|." \partial 8*0 |
d4^"Movement 3" e f g | c,1 \bar "|."
}

  /Mats

Jay Hamilton wrote:
Hello- I'm using 2.10 on windoze
And I figured out a solution but not sure that it's the only or best one.
Problem, I'm setting/arranging a sonata for a duet.  The first movement begins
on the beat the 2nd movement begins with a \partial 8
The third movement begins on the beat.
I checked the docs for 2.10 under repeats and partials and there's no
information on how to deal with the end of the 2nd movement and the beginning
of the 3rd, for my case.
I ended up using a skip8 at the end before repeat of the 2nd movement. Is this the best way to do this? I don't want to get into book or such and prefer for my students to just flow from one movement to the next.

If this is 'the' way to deal with such a problem something (and perhaps it is
in the new docs) should be mentioned or explained as it took me a while to
figure out what was wrong.

Yours-
Jay

Jay Hamilton