Re: ukelele (C tuning) fretboards

From: Carl D. Sorensen
Subject: Re: ukelele (C tuning) fretboards
Date: Sat, 6 Dec 2008 15:29:19 -0700

On 12/6/08 2:10 PM, "Kieren MacMillan" <address@hidden>
wrote:

> Hey all,
>
> 1. Thanks to Carl for the magnificent fretboard work!

You're welcome, and thanks for the "magnificent" compliment!

> 2. I'd like to code a standard fretboard file for the ukelele (C
> tuning), to be included with the standard distro.
>        2a. Is it best to simply copy predefined-guitar-fretboards.ly
> and work from there?

I think so.

>        2b. Any (other) suggestions/hints/tips on how to proceed most
> efficiently/correctly?

I don't know ukelele fretboards at all, so I can't really give you any great
suggestions, but here's what I know.

For chord shapes that are only used once, just define the chord with
\storePredefinedDiagram.

If there are chord shapes that are used multiple times at different places
on the neck, use \addChordShape to define the shape, then when you use
\storePredefinedDiagram to store the fretboard, you can use offset-fret to
move the chord shape along the neck.

Thanks for contributing to the fretboard code base!

Carl