Re: Discrepancy in documentation,

From: Trevor Daniels
Subject: Re: Discrepancy in documentation,
Date: Mon, 15 Dec 2008 19:48:40 -0000

Carl, you wrote Monday, December 15, 2008 2:39 PM

On 12/15/08 2:52 AM, "Simon Bailey" <address@hidden> wrote:

On Dec 15, 2008, at 9:46 AM, Trevor Daniels wrote:
Can you please say more precisely where this is in NR 2.7 - I can't
find it.

david is referring to appendix B.2: "Common chord modifiers."  (found
after following all the links i could find in NR 2.7... ;)).

the modifier should probably be maj7m5 rather than 7m5 (see the
attachment ­ the first chord is 7m5, the second maj7m5).

I believe that Simon is exactly correct.

And while we're at it, the references that I have found say that the
Dominant 13 is usually played without the 11, which is LilyPond's default
behavior, so I believe that as long as we're expanding the table as far as
it has been expanded, there should be an entry for Dominant 13 (11 omitted),
using the modifier 13.

I've fixed the original error identified by David, added the
default Dominant thirteenth, and replaced some TODOs with what
I hope are correct chord descriptions.  On this latter point
could you please check I've done this correctly, as my knowledge
of interval naming conventions is not as reliable as I'd like.
The changes should appear on the kainhofer server on Tuesday.

Trevor