Re: elegant compound time signatures

From: alexandre_ficagna
Subject: Re: elegant compound time signatures
Date: Sun, 21 Dec 2008 05:17:31 -0800 (PST)

Hi,

Does somebody knows if compound times works with time signatures on top
<http://lsr.dsi.unimi.it/LSR/Item?id=272> ?
I tried several tweaks, but they doesn't seem to work in this type of time
signatures (for example, they remain 5/4, instead of 2/4 + 3/4, and so on).

Any sugestion?

Regards
Bageh

Hans Aberg wrote:

> On 20 Oct 2008, at 15:01, Graham Percival wrote:
>
>>> ... I find hard to understand what the second
>>> bracelet group does:
>>> {
>>>  \set subdivideBeams = ##t
>>>  \set beatLength = #(ly:make-moment 1 8)
>>>  s4
>>>  \unset subdivideBeams
>>>  \unset beatLength
>>>  s8. s4
>>> }
>>
>> This gives you the single beam between the 2nd and 3rd 16th notes
>> in each bar.
>
> That part I understood - but not exactly how. It appears after the
> melody line code, so it msu alter some context.
>
>    Hans

-----
Alexandre Ficagna
www.myspace.com/alexandreficagna