Re: 2 muisc + tablature in 2 staves

From: Richard Schoeller
Subject: Re: 2 muisc + tablature in 2 staves
Date: Sun, 21 Dec 2008 14:01:39 -0500

There are some examples scattered throughout the documentation. However, there is not a single complete description. In any case, you can define alternative chord shapes with this sort of syntax:

\addChordShape #'csevsmall #"x;3-3;2-2;3-4;1-1;o;"

You can then apply those to a specific chord with:

\storePredefinedDiagram \chordmode {c':7}
                       #guitar-tuning
                       #(chord-shape 'csevsmall)

Notice, that I associated this with an octave shifted version of the chord. If you want to write notes mode, you could associate a specific fingering with a specific combination of notes. There are a number of alternatives that work quite well.

Dick

Grateful Frog wrote:
Hi!

Thanks for those tips! I'm making great progress now, after having fought with both lilypond and tuxgutar for days!

Now I can see the chord names, the musics and the tab!

I didn't use the FretBoards because I couldn't see how to choose the chord variant?

My next question, is how to reduce the duplication? My code exaple is below. Is there a way of reducing the duplication of the notes in both staves, i.e. in the example "c1" ? mychords = \chordmode { c1:7sus4 }
  <<
    \new ChordNames { \mychords }
    \new Staff \relative c' {
      c1  ^\markup \fret-diagram-terse #"x;5;5;5;x;x;"
    }
    \new TabStaff  \relative c'{
      \set TabStaff.minimumFret = #6
      c1
    }

Thanks for all your help!
ps. Je suis français, je me suis inscris dans le group fr! ;-)