Re: avoid slur help

From: James E. Bailey
Subject: Re: avoid slur help
Date: Sat, 27 Dec 2008 10:37:35 +0100

Am 27.12.2008 um 01:07 schrieb Graham Percival:

On Sat, Dec 27, 2008 at 01:01:19AM +0100, James E. Bailey wrote:

he still omitted the easiest part of helping which could have
simple been,  \override TextScript #'extra-offset = #'( 0.0 . -5.0),
instead of the wonderful instruction in how to properly use lilypond.

Of course I omitted that.  You're assumed to have read the
Learning Manual.  In particular, LM 4.5.1 and 4.5.2.

So wait, the most useful piece of information, the piece of information which could have been extremely helpful, the piece of information which I obviously forgot, otherwise I wouldn't have asked, was intentionally omitted? I realise that Graham has all of the manuals memorised and can call them up in his mind like a database, but I am not so gifted. And most of the time, I need a reminder.