Re: save generated files to a separate directory

From: chip
Subject: Re: save generated files to a separate directory
Date: Wed, 31 Dec 2008 08:35:03 -0700

Francisco Vila wrote:
2008/12/31 M Watts <address@hidden>:
Sumatra is a GPLed pdf reader for windows
http://blog.kowalczyk.info/software/sumatrapdf/

It's fast and lightweight, and is also available as part of the
PortableApps.com flashdrive bundle.

Does it take the PDF file as exclusive ownership?
In case not, does it have a keyboard shortcut to refresh the display?
IMO these are conditions to be usable.
Even better if the refresh is automatic, if I'm not wrong Gsview does that on PS
No it does not take exclusive ownership - it does have the refresh option. but the deal breaker for me is that it does not have the status bar at the bottom of the window. When I cursor over a note there is nothing to show what line of code that not lives in. I've tested at least a dozen different pdf readers and not a single one has both of those features. So other than the suggestion of using ghostscript and gsview I don't see using lily in windows as viable.

So that leaves me with running lily on linux which works perfectly, but running my music on the windows box because there program I use in windows for transcribing is not available for linux. So I have to switch machines a lot while working on transcriptions, which is a big annoyance, at best.
--
Chip