Re: midi keyboard input

From: Nicolas Sceaux
Subject: Re: midi keyboard input
Date: Fri, 2 Jan 2009 12:20:00 +0100

Le 1 janv. 09 à 23:02, Laura Conrad a écrit :

It looks like there are rumor-based solutions that might be closer to
what I need.  I was hoping someone would say, "I'm entering notes into
emacs via keyboard, and here are the programs I use and the order in
which I start them."  But maybe nobody is entering notes into emacs
via a MIDI keyboard.

I used to do that: entering notes with my left hand on the midi keyboard,
and setting durations (and possibly articulation) with my right hand,
in an emacs buffer.

I was using the combination lyqi+rumor, on linux. I don't know if it
still working, though. <http://nicolas.sceaux.free.fr/lilypond/ lyqi.html> But that won't solve your audio feedback problem. (My keyboard was playing
the notes, so I didn't care about that.)

nicolas