Re: Missing petrucci-f clef (and other missing clefs)

From: Laura Conrad
Subject: Re: Missing petrucci-f clef (and other missing clefs)
Date: Sat, 03 Jan 2009 13:35:52 -0500

    Stefan> lilypond provides one petrucci style f clef (called
    Stefan> "petrucci-f").

    Stefan> Unfortunately, this is not really sufficient: similar to
    Stefan> the C clefs, f clefs can be placed on various staff lines.

Here's the way I get the mensural F clef on the third line:

\addInstrumentDefinition #"mensuralf3"
  #`( (clefGlyph . "clefs.mensural.f")
     (middleCPosition . 4)
     (clefPosition . 0))
originalclef={  \instrumentSwitch "mensuralf3"}

Then \originalclef gives you what you'd expect for mensural-f3.
Attached is a complete file.

I assume the same kind of thing can be done for the Petrucci F clef.

I agree that it should be easier.

--
Laura   (mailto:address@hidden http://www.laymusic.org/ )
(617) 661-8097  233 Broadway, Cambridge, MA 02139

The good life, as I conceive it, is a happy life. I do not mean that
if you are good you will be happy - I mean that if you are happy you
will be good.

Bertrand Russell