Re: Fragment with broken/torn/shredded staff lines

From: MonAmiPierrot
Subject: Re: Fragment with broken/torn/shredded staff lines
Date: Sun, 4 Jan 2009 04:49:12 -0800 (PST)

Mark Polesky wrote:

> I've cooked up a way of "tearing" the right side of
> the staff, which you can take a look at.
> Otherwise, is this about what you're looking for?

Thanks Mark, good job but I was looking for something different:
I don't want to "draw" anything, just have my staff end without a vertical
line (this is already achieved if I don't end the measure) but also without
a vertical end.

 e.g. (I'm drawing the far right end of the staff with the "_" character):

Not like this (vertical, the default given staff end):

______
______
______
______
______

But like THIS (irregular):

______
________
_______
_______
_____

(even better if with random lengths for using in multiple staves systems)

or, if too difficoult, like this (diagonal):

________
_______
______
_____
____

Anyway, your example didn't work nice for me, I had to adjust properties
like this,:

rightTearWidth = #-1
rightTearHeight = #4
rightTearLineWidth = #0.1
rightTearSerrations = #4
rightTearPadding = #-1

(I think it was what you tried to achieve in your example)
Thanks again Mark, I'll use your tip, but still hoping to find out my way!

Piero

-----
Piero Faustini, PhD student
Dipartimento di Scienze Storiche
Sezione musicologia
Università di Ferrara

Software used:
- LyX 1.6.1 on WinXP; EndNote & JabRef
- MikTex
- LaTeX class: Koma book
- Lilypond and MusixTeX for example excerpts
- BibLaTeX for bibliographies