Re: Harmonic question

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: Harmonic question
Date: Sun, 4 Jan 2009 11:19:09 -0800

On Sun, Jan 04, 2009 at 04:43:55PM +0100, John Mandereau wrote:
> Le dimanche 04 janvier 2009 à 14:50 +0000, Trevor Daniels a écrit :
> > I've now added a ref to Harmonics in References for for fretted strings in
> > NR 2.4.1.
> >
> >   Do you think this is adequate?
>
> It certainly is, but I'm not sure people who read "Default tablatures"
> node will have the idea to find this link there.  I was rather thinking
> of a link directly in running text and "See also".

No; references is the correct place.  If people skip over the
references to previous docs, then it's their own fault.  We simply
/cannot/ add links to everything in all places in the docs; the
best we can do is have a consistent format/policy and stick to it.
Even if the policy doesn't make sense to everybody at first, if
it's used consistently they'll get accustomed to it.

Cheers,
- Graham