Re: Adding lyrics to a "piano" score.

From: Tao Cumplido
Subject: Re: Adding lyrics to a "piano" score.
Date: Sun, 04 Jan 2009 20:51:10 +0100

Hi,

you can define a named voice context here:
upper = { << \new Voice = "melody" \upperA \\ \upper B >> }

for whatever reason the \voiceOne property gets lost though, so you have to
assign it explicitly to upperA like this:
upperA = { \voiceOne ..music.. }

to place the lyrics above the staff you have to define the lyrics in score
block after the PianoStaff like this:

\new Lyrics \with { alignAboveContext = "upper" }
{
   \lyricsto "melody"
   \song
}

the alignAboveContext hast to be a named Staff in this case because lyrics are
attached to a Staff.

I hope it's clear.

Regards,

Tao