arpeggio next to a chord

From: Miklos Vajna
Subject: arpeggio next to a chord
Date: Sun, 11 Jan 2009 04:46:17 +0100

Hi,

I'm trying to use lilypond to digitalize some of my guitar chords, and I
seem to hit a problem.

So in guitar chords it's a common to have something like
\arpeggioArrowDown next to a chord.

Currently what I have is like:

        <<
        {
                \clef "G_8"
                \key g \major
                \time 4/4
                \teeny e'4^\markup{\normalsize Em} <g' b'>4
b4^\markup{\normalsize Hm} <d' fis' a'>4 |
                <e' g' b'>4^\markup{\normalsize Em} r4 r4 \normalsize b4
        }

and I would like to add something like a \arpeggioArrowDown next to the second
Em.

I guess this could be done using some magic macro (example: a
scripts.arpeggio.arrow.M1 and two scripts.arpeggio above it), but I do not
understand that part of lilypond yet. :)

Let me know if this is in the (excellent!) documentation, and I just
missed it.

Thanks!

PS: I'm not subscribed, so please CC me.