Re: Beam collision next note's accidental within single voice

From: Tom Hall
Subject: Re: Beam collision next note's accidental within single voice
Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2009 21:45:41 +0000 (UTC)

Hello Nick

Nick Payne <nick.payne <at> internode.on.net> writes:

> Why not move the beam instead.

A few choices:

> %======================
> \version "2.12.1"
>
> \new Staff  \relative c'' {
>       \time 3/8
>       d,4 ~ \once\override Beam #'damping = #+inf.0 d32 ees'16. |
>       d,4 ~ \once\override Beam #'positions = #'(5.5 . 6.5) d32 ees'16. |
>       d,4 ~ \stemDown d32 ees'16. |
> }
> %======================

Thanks for your reply Nick.
The second solution was where I got to before posting,
and though the third is tempting because simple,
it goes against my strict self-enforced stem direction policy.

I think the e-flat shifting to the right is what _should_ happen
since horizontal spacing is always less strict than, say, stem legnths?

So I'd be interested to know how to do a horizontal shift,
or isn't that a trivial matter?

Regards

Tom