Re: No menu

From: James E. Bailey
Subject: Re: No menu
Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2009 19:30:43 +0100

Easily. You'll want to have at look at section 2.1.1 Setup for mac osx in the Application Usage documentation. There you'll get well- written instructions on running lilypond on osx.

Also, since you're using nano, I'm including my .nanorc file. If you put this in your home folder, whenever you open a lilypond file in nano, it will show up with some syntax coloring that I at least found helpful. It also has some helpful things if you want to use nano with LaTeX files. You have to rename the file from nanorc to .nanorc in order to use it, and you'll probably have to do this in the terminal.app application, since osx usually doesn't let you put a . as the first character of the file. So, if you have the file in your Downloads folder, in the terminal, type
cp ~/Downloads/nanorc ~/.nanorc
and it should work.

Also, it's a good idea to send questions like this to the lilypond list. Others may have similar questions in the future, and there is an archive kept of all of these emails.