Re: Writing psalms

From: Eyolf Østrem
Subject: Re: Writing psalms
Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2009 12:31:23 +0100

On 15.01.2009 (11:11), Alberto Simões wrote:
> Hello
>
> I am transcribing a music with psamls.
>
> What this mean: there is a standard music portion, with a correct time
> signature, but there is a portion where the singer will say a lot of
> words for each note, and these specific bars have different lengths than
> the one in the time signature.
>
> While I searched in the documentation for a way to specify bar lengths
> without defining a specific time signature, but didn't find it. I am
> sure it was my bad english/music knowledge.
>
> Can anybody point me with some example?

You could have a look at some of the suggestions in section 2.8.5 of the
Notation Reference:
http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.12/Documentation/user/lilypond/Working-with-ancient-music_002d_002dscenarios-and-solutions#Transcribing-Gregorian-chant

It may not be exactly what you're after, but it may get you further.

Eyolf

--
Do what you can to prolong your life, in the hope that someday you'll
learn what it's for.