Re: Whole note tremolo repeats - bug ?

From: James E. Bailey
Subject: Re: Whole note tremolo repeats - bug ?
Date: Sat, 17 Jan 2009 07:46:32 +0100

Am 17.01.2009 um 01:08 schrieb Lasse Rempe:

Hi Kieran,

Why should it look like the scan?
That is, what engraving reference (e.g., Gardner Read) do you have which indicates that the tremolo should be inside the staff?
I do not have any engraving reference; however I am going by 20+ years of experience playing music (this sort of thing shows up in orchestral violin parts often). I
A tremolo inside the staff? Very unusual in my experience. I would think it would be above the staff, where it would be clearly seen.

I can say without a doubt that the lilypond output would be considered incorrect (and hard to read) by musicians.
I would say the same for the scan.

If there is an engraving reference that says otherwise, I would be very surprised. However, I'm afraid I will have to leave it to someone else to look this up.

Try
    \override StemTremolo #'Y-offset = #-5.5 c''''1:16

Hope this helps!
Many thanks - I still think someone should have a look at the default behavior in this type of situation.
And if you're not able to, then the best thing to do would be to add it to the bug tracker.

Lasse