Re: Suggestion for Notation Reference

From: Lasse Rempe
Subject: Re: Suggestion for Notation Reference
Date: Mon, 19 Jan 2009 19:53:31 +0000

Reinhold Kainhofer wrote:
No, \mark is mainly used for naming subparts A, B, C, ... These marks are centered over the bar line.

Cheers,
Reinhold
Yes, I am aware of this (this is the only thing I use it for, in fact). However, the section in question discusses placing more expansive text (i.e. full words such as "Allegro", "colla parte", etc.) using the mark command. My comment was related to this, not the standard usage for rehearsal marks. If no-one considers this a common usage, perhaps it should not be in the main part of the "Text mark" section, or at least the section should not begin with it?

Lasse