Re: maj13 chord

From: Carl D. Sorensen
Subject: Re: maj13 chord
Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2009 14:35:25 -0700

maj13 is *not* a chord name, even though it seems like it is.

It is a description of which pitches to place in a chord.

What you will need to do is to add a chord name execption, as described in
the selected snippets of Notation Reference 2.7.2 Displaying chords.

You'll first need to know what notes LilyPond puts on the page when you do a
\chordmode{c:maj13}, because that will be the lookup for the chord name.  A
simple printout without the chord exception will show that.

I added :maj13 to the exceptions snippet mentioned above:

% modify maj9 and 6(add9)
% Exception music is chords with markups
  chExceptionMusic = {
      <c e g b d'>1-\markup { \super "maj9" }
      <c e g a d'>1-\markup { \super "6(add9)"}
      <c e g b d' a'>1-\markup {\super "maj13"}
  }

% Convert music to list and prepend to existing exceptions.
chExceptions = #( append
      ( sequential-music-to-chord-exceptions chExceptionMusic #t)
        ignatzekExceptions)

theMusic = \chordmode {
    g1:maj9 g1:6.9
    c1:maj13
    \set chordNameExceptions = #chExceptions
    g1:maj9 g1:6.9
    g1:maj13
}

\layout {