Point-and-click+Vim on Windows: is it possible?

From: Frédéric Bron
Subject: Point-and-click+Vim on Windows: is it possible?
Date: Sun, 25 Jan 2009 14:50:05 +0100

Hi, using 2.12.1 on windows. Cannot make the chain work between pdf
(acrobat 9), point and click on a note and Vim.
I have set the EDITOR variable to the following but without succes:

C:\Softs\Vim\vim71\gvim.exe
C:\Softs\Vim\vim71\gvim.exe --remote
"C:\Softs\Vim\vim71\gvim.exe --remote"

When I click on a note, my webbrowser (firefox) opens a new empty tab
and vim is loaded with the following message:
E303: cannot open .swp file for "textedit:\\g:\...\file.ly:13:5:13"
[new directory]

Obviously "textedit:\\" needs to be removed.

If there is a possibility to make point-and-click work for vim on
Windows, I would be happy to help updating the doc for other users.

Frédéric