2.12.1 is slow compared to 2.10.33 on Windows XP SP2

From: Frédéric Bron
Subject: 2.12.1 is slow compared to 2.10.33 on Windows XP SP2
Date: Sun, 25 Jan 2009 19:16:07 +0100

I have tested the compilation of an orchestral score I found that it
runs much slower with 2.12.1 than with 2.10.33 on the same machine
running Windows XP SP2 (not using the cygwin version of lilypond):

2.10.33: 508 seconds
2.12.1: 872 seconds (+72%)

I have run the same compilation 2 times giving the same time.

Did you expect such slow down because of maybe new features?

Also I had the following output with 2.12.1 which maybe explains the longer run:

Finding the ideal number of pages...
Fitting music on 44 or 45 pages...
programming error: tried to space systems on a bad number of pages
continuing, cross fingers

Frédéric Bron