Re: Problem setting fingering direction, again

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: Problem setting fingering direction, again
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2009 20:03:16 +0800

On Tue, Jan 27, 2009 at 05:48:55AM -0600, Jonathan Kulp wrote:
> Graham Percival wrote:
>> My guess is that \set FingeringOrientations only works for chord
>> constructs, whereas plain fingerings don't require this.
>>
>> Valentin, modify the snippet "controlling the placement of chord
>> fingerings" accordingly to give this warning.
>
> I guess a warning is a good idea.  I modified this snippet several
> months ago to include examples of single notes inside <> but did not
> change the description to include this warning.  Note the second measure
> here (same snippet that's included in the docs):
>
> http://lsr.dsi.unimi.it/LSR/Item?id=214

Oh, are you a LSR editor?  If so, please modify the file.  If not,
do whatever you did last time and then tell Valentin to approve
the resulting file.  :)

Hmm... actually, if you *are* a LSR editor, or are willing to be
one, let me know.  We desperately need somebody to do this
full-time (expected: 1 hour a week after initial setup.  Initial
setup: 5 hours of relatively easily delegated stuff), and it would
fit in nicely with your "general fixit" position.

Cheers,
- Graham