Frenched parts for instruments with long rests

From: Paul Scott
Subject: Frenched parts for instruments with long rests
Date: Thu, 05 Feb 2009 09:58:43 -0700

Hi,

Using \RemoveEmptyStaffContext removes all staves on lines after the first system if they all contain rests, etc. All that get left are the rehearsal marks. Is there any real example where this is needed? In every example where I am writing parts I want the first line of every system to be present even if all instruments in that score are resting.

This may not ever happen in a full score but it happens for me all the time when I "French" parts for a section like clarinets or trumpets.

Is there currently a way to cause the first staff of every system to exist even if it is all rests?

TIA,

Paul Scott