Re: chord naming question

From: James E. Bailey
Subject: Re: chord naming question
Date: Sun, 8 Feb 2009 00:34:51 +0100

Am 07.02.2009 um 23:34 schrieb Carl D. Sorensen:

On 2/7/09 1:27 PM, "James E. Bailey" <address@hidden> wrote:

I'm going to be engraving some more music with chords, and thanks to
last time, I have appropriate templates that will work. But, one
problem that is inconsistent is the placement of the flat symbol.

I have to use a modified semi-german chord naming method because the
person I'm engraving for likes Bb (with the flat symbol), and H for B
natural. I notice that in my modified chord init template, with \set
chordRootNamer = #(chord-name->german-markup #f) I get that, but the
flat symbol is engraved as a superscript,  and the default has Bb
with the flat symbol inline with the B. I would gladly modify it
myself, but I don't really know where to look for how that's
configured. Can someone point me in the right direction?

You modify the flat symbol in the file scm/chord-name.scm.

There is a function alteration->text-accidental-markup that sets the amount
the flat is raised.

You could redefine this command in your .ly file, and you'd eliminate the
raising, without having to modify the distribution file.

HTH,

Carl

Thanks, hopefully I'll figure it out from this!