Re: Question: VerticalAxisGroup #'minimum-Y-extent

From: Robin Bannister
Subject: Re: Question: VerticalAxisGroup #'minimum-Y-extent
Date: Sat, 14 Feb 2009 12:45:25 +0100

Thomas Scharkowski wrote:
Since Lilypond 2.11. this does not work anymore

I have a lot of single sheets based on a 2.10 template which ensured I had enough vertical space for pencilling in fingering. The vertical spacing rework in 2.11 gave me the same problem. This is probably to do with the skyline feature which tries to let the vertical outliers of neighboring systems mesh. This won't happen if the system extents aren't allowed to overlap. You can see this difference by redoing your two cases with the LSR 257 code \layout { \context {
   \Score
   \override System  #'stencil = #box-grob-stencil

So minimum-Y-extent is pretty useless for this sort of thing. Have a look at the \paper variables in NR 4.1.2, e.g. try between-system-space = 29\mm

I found the Measure dialog box in GSview very useful when experimenting.
Cheers,
Robin