Re: Cannot correctly code this rhythm...

From: Tao Cumplido
Subject: Re: Cannot correctly code this rhythm...
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2009 23:05:51 +0100

Hi,

you have several errors in your code.
Your basic rhythmic error is this one:
\times 2/3 { sn8. toml16 }

This wil print a dotted eighth and a sixteenth but only with 2/3rds of its
original duration, which means that in total you only have two units of an
eighth note triplet.
In your example this part is actually a dotted sixteenth with a 32nd note, so
you can simply write sn16. toml32 and you should land correctly on the one of
the next bar.

Your other error is this one:
sn:32 ~

The tilde will make a tie between two notes of the same pitch, or in
drumnotation of the same name.
What is shown in your sample is a slur which can be achieved with parentheses
around the slurred passage, i.e.
sn:32( \times 2/3 { toml16) sn toml }

Hope that helps,

regards,