Re: building lilypond from freebsd ports

From: Matthias Kilian
Subject: Re: building lilypond from freebsd ports
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2009 22:38:25 +0100

On Tue, Feb 24, 2009 at 01:03:00PM -0700, Glen Hein wrote:
> I sent this question to the freebsd port maintainer, but I also wanted to
> ask this list. I'm trying to build lilypond from the free port
> (print/lilypond) and I'm getting a seg fault from Ghostscript. I was
> wondering if anybody has seen this problem. Here is the error I get from the
> build:
[...]

- is this reproducable, i.e. does it always crash in ghostscript, and at
  the same file?

- does increasing your datasize limit (see ulimit if you're running
  something like ksh or bash) fix the problem?

I'm asking because I'm doing the OpenBSD port of lilypond and
experienced some really ugly bugs when running out of memory (that's
a fault in either guile or lilypond, but not relevant here), and
during testing, I had at least one or two cases where ghostscript
ran out of memory, too.

Ciao,
        Kili

--
make: don't know how to make love. Stop in /usr/src.
                -- make(1)