Re: 6/8 time triplets problem

From: Jonathan Kulp
Subject: Re: 6/8 time triplets problem
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2009 22:10:18 -0600

Chip wrote:
Jonathan Kulp wrote:
Chip wrote:
In 6/8 time, as mentioned in the subject so no inferring necessary, I want triplet quarter notes, 3 quarters over 2 counts, per bar. A total of 6 quarter notes, triplets, in two bars. What is wrong with coding it the way I have it?

In 6/8 time if you have three quarters they fit perfectly in the bar without making them triplets. Just put the quarter notes in there three to a bar and you're done. If you put three quarters in the space of two using a triplet, then you still lack one quarter-note value to fill up the bar.

Jon
You're right. I am notating a handwritten transcription and that is how the arranger wrote out his notes. I should've thought of that, guess the arranger should've as well.
Thanks,
Chip

Ah.  The arranger Jedi-mind-tricked you!

Jon
--
Jonathan Kulp
http://www.jonathankulp.com