Re: Canorus

From: Ian Hulin
Subject: Re: Canorus
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2009 23:15:39 +0000

Tim Slattery wrote:
M Watts <address@hidden> wrote:

Try their website

https://canorus.berlios.de/wiki/index.php/Main_Page

That's where I started, of course. I downloaded the program from
there, but I can't find anything like a user guide or tutorial. And
the "User's guide" choice on the "Help" menu is grayed out. AFAICT,
you're just supposed to know....

There is a _very_ rudimentary User Guide at https:/canorus.berlios.de/wiki/index.php/Users_Guide

It has a few key bindings and stuff for editing Lyrics but no hint on how to get started with a new score.  As far as I can tell the developers came from a thing called NoteEdit running on Linux which has stopped development, so if any of you are Linux users, have a look at NoteEdit, see if _it_ has any documentation and if this gives you a clue on getting started. I think the first bit of Canorus has been a port to see if they can get the old NoteEdit code running on Windows and Mac/OS, too.

My 2p worth

Cheers,
Ian