Re: expressive marks alignment, accent position

From: Germain G. Ivanoff-Trinadtzaty
Subject: Re: expressive marks alignment, accent position
Date: Tue, 10 Mar 2009 22:36:44 +0100

Thanks to Neil Thornock, I've worked it out :

1) In the following snippet, I'd like the accents to be placed above the staff :
{
d'1-> d'2-> a'-> a'1->
}

{
\override Script #'direction = #UP
d'1-> d'2-> a'-> a'1->
}

2) Here I want all the accents be aligned (horizontally), outside (above) the staff :
<<
{d'1-> d'2-> a'-> a'1->}
\\
{d'1 d'2 a' a'1}

<<
\override Script #'minimum-space = #3.5
\\
{d'1 d'2 a' a'1}

While I certainly should have tried the #'direction property when I read this :
http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.12/Documentation/user/lilypond-internals/Script#Script

the #'minimum-space property is adressed in 3.2.87 side-position-interface :
http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.12/Documentation/user/lilypond-internals/side_002dposition_002dinterface#side_002dposition_002dinterface
which I surely didn't check at my first attempt.

G.