Re: glissando up from no note to a note

From: Andrew Wilson
Subject: Re: glissando up from no note to a note
Date: Tue, 10 Mar 2009 23:44:14 +0000

2009/3/10 Chip <address@hidden>:
> r2*1/2 \hideNotes d8\glissando \unHideNotes a'8 fs d b

I don't understand how this works, can someone explain the
timing to me?  It looks like you have a minim rest becoming
crotchet rest through the magic of time distortion.  You then
add a quaver which by my calcs is 3/8 ths of a bar.  Then you
follow it up with four quavers 4/8ths of a bar.  Why don't you
get a short bar error?  Shouldn't this be

r2*3/4 \hideNotes d8\glissando \unHideNotes a'8 fs d b

andrew