Re: Spliting lyrics on beamed notes

From: Wilbert Berendsen
Subject: Re: Spliting lyrics on beamed notes
Date: Mon, 16 Mar 2009 11:44:01 +0100

Op zondag 15 maart 2009, schreef Alberto Simões:
> By default Lilypond is considering that beamed notes are used for the
> same syllable. While that is used in many cases (most, in fact), I am
> dealing with a specific music where I want a different syllable for each
> note.
>
> How can I force this?

see:
http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.12/Documentation/user/lilypond-internals/Tunable-context-properties
look under melismaBusyProperties.
quoting:
A list of properties (symbols) to determine whether a melisma is playing.
Setting this property will influence how lyrics are aligned to notes. For
example, if set to #'(melismaBusy beamMelismaBusy), only manual
melismata and manual beams are considered. Possible values include
melismaBusy, slurMelismaBusy, tieMelismaBusy, and beamMelismaBusy.

this is difficult to find from the NR, btw.

so if you only want to use slurs and ties for melismata but not manual beams,
you should \set melismaBusyProperties = #'(slurMelismaBusy tieMelismaBusy)
in your Lyrics section.

best regards,
Wilbert Berendsen

--