Re: Auto beaming in unmetered music

From: Trevor Daniels
Subject: Re: Auto beaming in unmetered music
Date: Tue, 17 Mar 2009 09:22:07 -0000

Hi

The easiest way to do this is to set measureLength and beatLength explicitly (as you've begun to do), but for them to be effective you need to either

a) revert any autoBeam settings that apply to the time signature in force (here the default 4/4), as explained in Notation Reference 1.2.4 Setting automatic beam behaviour, or

b) use an uncommon time signature that has no autobeam settings, and prevent it being displayed.

Using (b) is easiest, as follows

notes = \relative c'' {
\clef treble
\override Score.TimeSignature #'stencil = ##f
\time 7/8
\key g \major
\cadenzaOn
\set Score.measureLength = #(ly:make-moment 1 4)
\set Score.beatLength = #(ly:make-moment 1 4)

c8 fis c a c e \bar "|"

Trevor

----- Original Message ----- From: "Benedict Singer" <address@hidden>