Transparent ledger lines

From: Ari Torhamo
Subject: Transparent ledger lines
Date: Wed, 18 Mar 2009 02:37:15 +0200

Hello,

I have been wrestling with a problem for a while. I'm using these two
lines

   \override Voice.NoteHead #'transparent = ##t
   \override Voice.Stem #'transparent = ##t

to make certain note heads and stems transparent. This works fine, but
the problem is that the ledger lines connected to them stay visible. I
have tried several things to get rid of the ledger lines too, but
haven't found the solution.

I think these are what I have tried so far:

\override Staff.LedgerLine #'transparent = ##t
\override Staff.Ledger #'transparent = ##t
\override Staff.LedgerLineSpanner #'transparent = ##t
\override Voice.LedgerLineSpanner #'transparent = ##t
\override Voice.LedgerLine #'transparent = ##t
\override Voice.Ledger #'transparent = ##t
\override LedgerLineSpanner #'transparent = ##t
\override NoteHead #'no-ledgers = ##t

This manual page
http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.12/Documentation/user/lilypond-learning/Visibility-and-color-of-objects#Visibility-and-color-of-objects
explains how to make heads and stems transparent, but unfortunately
doing the same for ledger lines, which I think in most cases would be
desired, has been omitted. Would it be a good idea to add the
instruction there?

Thanks :-)

Ari Torhamo