Re: easy insert fret diagrams (with Frescobaldi)

From: Carl Sorensen
Subject: Re: easy insert fret diagrams (with Frescobaldi)
Date: Sat, 21 Mar 2009 21:53:07 +0000 (UTC)

Grammostola Rosea <rosea.grammostola <at> gmail.com> writes:

> Hi,
>
> I was wondering if there's an easy way to insert Fret Diagrams for
> guitar in Lilypond. Most of the time I use templates from Frescobaldi,
> but I don't see an  Fret Diagram option there.
>
> I like to display the fret diagram and the chord name above it.

I don't know about Frescobaldi, but there is a trivial way to insert Fret
Diagrams in LilyPond.

You'll really not want to use markup fret diagrams; the FretBoards
context is much better and more powerful.

See the Notation Reference, Section 2.4.

The general structure of the piece would be:

mychords = \chordmode{

}

myNotes= {
}

myLyrics = \lyricmode{

}

\score {
  <<
      \new ChordNames {\mychords}
      \new FretBoards {\mychords}
      \new Voice = "melody" {myNotes}
      \new Lyrics  \lyricsto "melody" \myLyrics

}

HTH,

Carl