Re: feathered midbeam direction change

From: Trevor Daniels
Subject: Re: feathered midbeam direction change
Date: Tue, 24 Mar 2009 17:37:05 -0000

Neil

AFAIK the properties of beams are set at the moment the
beam starts and can't be changed thereafter, so I don't
think there's any way to make beams grow and contract in
a single unit.

One possible hack is to use two voices with the growing
beam in one and the contracting beam in the other, adjusted
to join together, just as Graham did for the tuplets recently,
but I haven't tried it, so it might not work.  If you try it,
wait 'til the children have gone to bed.  You might even
get the OUHM award if it works!

Trevor

----- Original Message ----- From: "Neil Thornock" <address@hidden>