Re: odd configure error

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: odd configure error
Date: Thu, 26 Mar 2009 21:06:22 +0800

On Wed, Mar 25, 2009 at 07:08:40PM +0100, James E. Bailey wrote:

> GIT from git.sv.gnu.org
>     git clone git://git.sv.gnu.org/lilypond.git

This does not set up easy pulling or pushing in the future, and
generally assumes that people know how to use git.  It also
downloads all branches, which in most cases is not necessary.

> To get the main source code and documentation,
> mkdir lilypond; cd lilypond
> git init-db
> git remote add -f -t master -m master origin
> git://git.sv.gnu.org/lilypond.git/
> git checkout -b master origin/master

After approximately four hours of discussion between git experts
and non-experts, we decided that this is the best sequence of
commands for most contributors.  Just copy and paste them.

Cheers,
- Graham