Re: lilypond-book setup for windows

From: Carl D. Sorensen
Subject: Re: lilypond-book setup for windows
Date: Fri, 27 Mar 2009 07:37:37 -0600

On 3/27/09 4:56 AM, "Hajo Dezelski" <address@hidden> wrote:

> I was afraid of that - back to square one -
>
> In the early 90s I had a quarrel with my former boss who wanted to
> force me to TeX and later LaTex and I, working on a Mac, was a vivid
> Wysiwyg advocator. I won.
>
> Now - I have yet not decided which output would be appropriate (pdf or
> html) so I will give it a try with Latex and WinEdt. Is there a
> "stylesheet" for the Lilypond Documentationproject which I can use as
> a starting point without the need to invent my own proper layout?
>
> @Carl: I am still switching between Mac and Windows (jEdit). What kind
> of system are you actually using on your Mac?

I use Terminal and vim to do my LilyPond editing.  I have two terminal
windows open:  one with vim, and one with the lilypond command.  I write the
file from the vim window, switch to the command window, hit the up arrow key
and the enter key, then switch to the Preview window to see how things came
out.

I use Preview to display my PDF files.

I use TeXShop form my LaTeX work.

I've not done any work with lilypond-book; it's on my to-do list for my
hoped-for guitar songbook.

As far as a starting point, try the two *.latex files found in
Documentation/user.  That should get you started.

HTH,

Carl