Re: LilyPond, Finale and Sibelius

From: Nicolas Sceaux
Subject: Re: LilyPond, Finale and Sibelius
Date: Tue, 7 Apr 2009 18:55:16 +0200

Le 6 avr. 09 à 09:35, Trevor Daniels a écrit :

As I do little note entry myself I don't have a view
on the merits of q vs &, but there is another issue to
consider.  If the base chord being repeated contains
tweaks, fingering, etc, are these to be repeated too?

This should be customizable: a default function would be defined,
that the user could change it if needed. And the same goes for the
repetition character/string.

Somewhere you set:

#(define-public (default-repetition-function previous-chord new-chord)
    ... build a music expression...)
#(ly:parser-repetition-name parser "&")
#(ly:parser-repetition-function parser default-repetition-function)

By default, the repetition string could even be undefined, not to
break existing music code, and set only if needed, say be including
repetition-init.ly.

Then the choice of the repetition character or string needs not
be debated anymore, until the thing actually works :)

nicolas