Re: Left/right noteheads in chord containing second

From: Mark Polesky
Subject: Re: Left/right noteheads in chord containing second
Date: Tue, 7 Apr 2009 22:43:11 -0700 (PDT)

Nick,

Here's a rather awkward solution. How often would
you need this? And just out of curiosity, why?
I guess I would use something like this if I were
making a "circle the correct notation" exercise in
a textbook or something. Anyway, the solution I
have here would be a pain if you needed to do it
repeatedly. If there's a pattern to your stem-side-
switching noteheads, it might be easier to automate
with a macro. So let us know if there's a general
functionality. Would you want to switch all seconds
(easier to implement) or be able to select which
seconds to switch (harder to implement)?

Hope this helps.
- Mark

\version "2.13.0"

{
  <d' e' gis'>
  \once \override Stem #'length = #7.8
  \once \override Stem #'Y-offset = #-0.4
  <\tweak #'X-offset #1.19 d' \tweak #'X-offset #-1.25 e' gis'>