Re: move lyrics closer

From: -Eluze
Subject: Re: move lyrics closer
Date: Thu, 9 Apr 2009 14:56:02 -0700 (PDT)

James E. Bailey-3 wrote:

>> i am not quite certain about where - in which context(s) - you have
>> to place
>> it to make it effective in every stanza
>

> VerticalAxisGroup, as far as I understand it, moves the staves closer
> together, and with it, the lyrics closer to the staves. I want to
> move the lines of words closer to one another, effectively bringing
> the baselines up so that the four stanzas are closer to one another.

ok - here is what i found out in the meantime - moving stanzas/lyrics closer
to each, but also to the Staff with the notes:

\version "2.12.2"
melody = {\clef "G_8"   { c d e f} }
StanzaI   = \lyricmode { \set stanza = "1. " ha ha ha ha }
StanzaII  = \lyricmode { \set stanza = "2. " ho ho ho ho }
StanzaIII = \lyricmode { \set stanza = "3. " hu hu hu hu }
myScore=
  \context Score {
    <<
      \context Staff="staff" {\new Voice = "melody" \melody}
      \context Lyrics="1" \lyricsto "melody" \StanzaI
      \context Lyrics="2" \lyricsto "melody" \StanzaII
      \context Lyrics="3" \lyricsto "melody" \StanzaIII

    }
\score {
  \myScore
  \layout {
    \context {\Lyrics \override VerticalAxisGroup #'minimum-Y-extent = #'(-0
. 0)}
    \context {\Staff  \override VerticalAxisGroup #'minimum-Y-extent = #'(-0
. 0)}
% this just shows how it looks without any overrides:
\score {\myScore}

if you omit the * \context {\Staff  \override … * only the stanzas will be
closer together!

my concern in the former post was if it was (or is) possible to only
\override *one* context to get the text vertically closer - obviously
*\context {\Score \override …* does not really help!

maybe i search in a false direction?!