Re: (de)cresendi syntax

From: Anthony W. Youngman
Subject: Re: (de)cresendi syntax
Date: Sat, 11 Apr 2009 23:42:49 +0100

In message <address@hidden>, Piero Faustini <address@hidden> writes

.ExternalClass .EC_hmmessage P {padding:0px;} .ExternalClass
body.EC_hmmessage {font-size:10pt;font-family:Verdana;}
recognising the original Italian from is adjectival.

thus sorry for them, but it is WRONG at all. This is plain english syntax
rules roughly applied to a foreign language: in english you can say both
"the sun keeps raising" and "the raising sun".

Actually, you can't. "raising" (if I've got my grammar right) is a transitive verb, ie the subject and object are not the same thing. You mean "rising", which is intransitive, and so can be applied to an object.

Cheers,
Wol
--
Anthony W. Youngman - address@hidden