Re: Unable to build Lylipond by the installation

From: Valentin Villenave
Subject: Re: Unable to build Lylipond by the installation
Date: Sat, 18 Apr 2009 12:24:07 +0200

2009/4/18 Alexis <address@hidden>:
> Hello,
> as a newbie in Linux I make surely mistakes to install Lylipond. I've
> downloaded
> the package "lilypond_2.10.33.orig.tar.gz" from the Lylipond Homepage and also
> the other file "lilypond_2.10.33-2.2build1.dsc" (but I actually don't know
> what
> this second file brings). Then I downloaded and installed all the required
> softwares indicated in the INSTALL.txt file.

Greetings,

Are you trying to *build* LilyPond or to *install* it?

If all you want is to use LilyPond, we distribute ready-to-use
installers: http://lilypond.org/web/install
All you have to do is download the file (for instance our latest
"stable" version, 2.12.2), then open a terminal and just type the
required command.

If you're trying to *build* LilyPond for some reason, please read
http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.12/Documentation/user/lilypond-program/Compiling-from-source.html

Regards,
Valentin