Re: relative position of tempo and rehearsal marks

From: Neil Puttock
Subject: Re: relative position of tempo and rehearsal marks
Date: Sun, 19 Apr 2009 00:06:59 +0100

2009/4/18 Frédéric Bron <address@hidden>:
>> \once \override Score.MetronomeMark #'outside-staff-priority = #1500
>> \once \override Score.RehearsalMark #'outside-staff-priority = #1000
>
> This time the trick do not work, why? I want the bar number to be
> below a text spanner:
>
> { \override BarNumber #'outside-staff-priority = #1
>  \textSpannerUp \override TextSpanner #'(bound-details left text) =
> "Stringendo"
>  c'1 \startTextSpan \repeat unfold 20 { c' }
>  c' \stopTextSpan
> }
>
> Any idea?

Bar numbers live in the Score context, which means
'outside-staff-priority will be ignored.

Here are two possible workarounds:

1. Move Bar_number_engraver to the Staff context (only possible if
using one stave, or using \with { } on the top stave)

2. Move the start of the left-broken text span so it doesn't collide
with the bar number, either by tweaking (bound-details left-broken
padding) or setting (bound-details left-broken end-on-note) = ##t

Regards,
Neil