Re: [LilyPond] Unequal line spacing in columns

From: Francisco Vila
Subject: Re: [LilyPond] Unequal line spacing in columns
Date: Fri, 8 May 2009 13:48:14 +0200

2009/5/8 -Eluze <address@hidden>:

> Sven Siegmund wrote:
>>
>> What exactly are line ascenders/descenders? I don't know what you
>> mean. I will try your suggestions later today.
>>
> ascenders: b,d,f,h,i,k,l,t (+ numbers, question mark, exclamation…)
> descenders: g,j,p,q,y

Yes, and accented uppercase letters are even taller, e.g. "É"

Null interlined blocks of lines make ascenders and descenders almost
touch. This example shows how the empty space between lines can vary
depending on the actual characters:

yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
ÉÉÉÉÉÉÉÉÉÉÉÉÉÉÉÉÉÉÉÉÉÉÉÉÉÉÉ
yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

The baselines are evenly spaced, but if a typesetting engine tries to
reduce the empty space, it could lead to uneven baselines.
--
Francisco Vila. Badajoz (Spain)
www.paconet.org